Changing clutch and installing LSD

lvaleiron

Member +
Hi, i'm going to replace the clutch myself, i read the tutorial here http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31642 in how to replace clutch. My question is, do i need special tools??, i'm going to install an lsd as well, i read somewhere here that installing a lsd is as easy as taking the old diff out and putting the lsd in. Also, what things do you guys recommend me to check while the gearbox is out? Should i replace the crankshaft seal ring even if is not leaking??? in general, what stuff do i need to completely remove gbox, replace clutch put new lsd in box and jack the gbox again in the engine. thanks!:)

lvaleiron

Member +
Giving an updated, i took the trans off and already opened it to change differential. I spend a whole day doing it because didn't have all the tools needed, but anyway, i'm planning on having it ready by this weekend!, i'll post up a diy on how to open the transmission and replace the diff, give me a couple of days!:p

StannoDon

Fresh Recruit
Giving an updated, i took the trans off and already opened it to change differential. I spend a whole day doing it because didn't have all the tools needed, but anyway, i'm planning on having it ready by this weekend!, i'll post up a diy on how to open the transmission and replace the diff, give me a couple of days!:p

looking forward to your posts

i too soon will take on this task, greatly appreciated!