Changing wheel bearing?- help

Garci

Member +
hi guys i think my wheel bearing on front passenger side is gone , being humming like a hive of bees lately, i jack the car up this evening & rotate the wheel back and forth & i could hear lil crackling sounds like crush bearing balls. need to get it changed ,but i can't get the Huge nut off it freaking tight over tight or seized up if you ask me. "piss me off":mad:

few questions:

what size socket fits that nut have to buy 1 but dont know the size?
what direction it comes loose? clockwise or counter-clockwise?
how much bearing per wheel?
can i use a front wheel bearing for tercel or paseo would it fit?

any help welcome:confused:

Well first of all its a 30mm deep socket that you heed to remove the nut.

It has a normal thread, not a reverse thread so it threads off counter-clockwise.

When you say "how much bearing per wheel?", do you mean, how many bearings or do you mean how much do the bearings cost? If you mean how many then there is only 1 bearing per side on the front. If you mean how much do they cost then here's a link

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m19b0s1304p4226

As for whether you can use a bearing from a tercel or a paseo, im not sure but "riko666" is the man to tell you that. Send him a PM and he should be able to help you out

Hope that helps :)

Garci

Member +
Thanks williamocarroll1982 will get a 30mm socket after work today try at it again. am just goin to get the bearing kits from dave at TM-D as i did a research and the tercel & paseo outside diameter are bigger.

so 30mm deep socket & normal thread.

what about the rear bearing do they need to be pressed out??? we have a press in shop but i want to know what to expect.

Thanks a lot. reps added

350ep70gr

Member +
Rear bearing dont require press it is just slide them out. And are not tight at all to the shaft.
If you have a press you will need it for the front one as they are very tight fitting in the hub.
Use a good tool for the nut,put the car on high gear and hand brake and use an extend bar for the tool. As longer as better. Airgun do the trick easyer tho..

Chris

Garci

Member +
Thanks for that input Chris appreciate it. yeh i have a couple buzz gun just none of my sockets are 30mm. sucks!.. biggest i have is 27mm , 1- 1/8" & 1 -1/4" which is either too small or too big. went to a couple stores after work but the biggest metric size they have is 27mm. so am goin to buy 30mm of ebay for the air gun then.

reps added
Thanks