Civic radiator problem

ianmcintoshi

Member +
Hey, im currently in the process of fitting a civic radiator to my glanza. My problem is that i have a zisco style externally gated manifold (ramhorn) where the external wastegate is located at the bottom of the car and the wastegate is fouling the bottom radiator hose! I can get it on just, but it touches the waste gate. Would this melt the radiator hose? If so how do people with similar setups to mine get around this problem?

Cheers.

kieran.s gt

Member +
yeah it gets in the way you can either get the bootom port on the rad moved or
what i done was I used a 90 degree bend on the bottom port then connected on the original rad hose to that.

ianmcintoshi

Member +
yeah it gets in the way you can either get the bootom port on the rad moved or
what i done was I used a 90 degree bend on the bottom port then connected on the original rad hose to that.

How did u use a 90 degree bend? would the wastegate not foul this also?

kieran.s gt

Member +
How did u use a 90 degree bend? would the wastegate not foul this also?

dont have a pic fitted on the car but it works
1000993b.jpg

ianmcintoshi

Member +
dont have a pic fitted on the car but it works
1000993b.jpg

Hmm thanks for that mate, really appreciate it :D ive fitted mine using a mounting kit and the wastegate is literally right in front of the bottom outlet. What u have there would still touch the wastegate on mine :(

Rory

Lifer
Personaly id have the port moved, thats my opinion though.
Cut the old one off, drill a hole where you want it and go ask a local fabrication shop to plate up the old point and weld on the spigot.

Job done and looks stock

27072008395.jpg

Wala

ianmcintoshi

Member +
Cut the old one off, drill a hole where you want it and go ask a local fabrication shop to plate up the old point and weld on the spigot.

Job done and looks stock

27072008395.jpg

Wala

That looks really good mate. Think ill just do it this way... Means it well clear from any heat. Cheers :D

dark_knight

Member +
rad+wastegate clash

i like ianmcintoshi's way too. looks very professionally done and believe me, when it comes to exhaust heat, you want to keep everything else well clear of the exhaust..

Vincent-ep91

Member +

Job done and looks stock

27072008395.jpg

Wala

big repp..... every problem no matter how big or small has been covered at one stage or another here :)