Clear indicators for ep82 quadlight

squidge218

Member +
As above looking for some clear indicators for quadlamp 95 ep82 :) i want the white ones not white with orange behind let me know if you got any cheers

triple j

Member +
As above looking for some clear indicators for quadlamp 95 ep82 :) i want the white ones not white with orange behind let me know if you got any cheers
you can split your old ones apart and take out the orange piece, its a little tricky with the glue but it can be done i done it on my last starlet

triple j

Member +
Not sure i might of saw one for it, u have to put the indicator in to a bucket of boiling water and leave it for a while to soften up the glue, then u have to be careful and separate the lense from its housing without breaking it, once its apart u can pull the orange bit out and seal the indicator back up with clear sealant.

squidge218

Member +
really ? might be something for me to do over the winter months ! instead of boiling hot water cant you just use the oven i used the oven for my fog lights?

pacman

Member +
An oven might warp the plastic, best stick to boiling water imo. That's the method I used on my first GT and it worked a treat.

squidge218

Member +
Ok sweet do you know wether quad light and square head light indicators are the same ? Also once you take the orange film out do you have to change the bulb to an orange one ?

triple j

Member +
i think the are the same, yeah just swap the bulb over for an orange one, and dont use the oven u will melt the hole lot.

squidge218

Member +
looking to get some clear indicators and split them with hot water surely it cant be good if you submurge the whole indicator in hot water?