Clip in harness or bolt in harness?

Monty

Member +
Going to buy a silver sparco harness. Should i get bolt in harness or clip in harness for my 96 glanza? Is clip on the one you gotta have the bolt with the "o" ring on the end of it? I just want to put it in straight away without having to get stuff to install it.

Is there 4 bolting point for the harness in the glanza like 2 in the front and 2 in the rear?

M

Jules-B

Member +
Coming from a very personal view i would get it welded in..
I had a friend who had harnesses in his car, just bolted to the standard seatbelt holes, and he had a crash,i was called to the scene, and when i arrived, the harnesses had ripped out of the holes and caused him to hit his steering wheel... i was left to pick up his teeth from the roadside.

I would recommend you get ''eyes'' bolted and then welded through the floorpan of the car, at least then you will know you are safe

Monty

Member +
Coming from a very personal view i would get it welded in..
I had a friend who had harnesses in his car, just bolted to the standard seatbelt holes, and he had a crash, to which i was called to, and when i arrived, the harnesses had ripped out of the holes and caused him to hit his steering wheel...to cut a long story short, due to this i was left to pick up his teeth from the roadside.

I would recommend you get ''eyes'' bolted and then welded through the floorpan of the car, at least then you will know you are safe

steady on your going to out me off harness's! They should be as strong as ur standard seat belts so i'm goin to take the chance. As long as there bolted in it should be fine. If i weld then its hard to get off again and stuff.

Which ones do i need then?

dac69er

Super Moderator
if you bolt to original seat belt holes then they will be no weaker than std seat belts in relation to mountings.

mine are bolt in as clip ins are pointless as i dont want to remove them in a hurry and they rattle more than bolt ins

Jules-B

Member +
Its mainly the rear mounts that become the problem, you can use the proper method if you bolt them in aswell. Drill a hole through the floor pan, have a plate on the bottom and a plate at the top, and then put a bolt with an eye connection in, that way you would be able to take it out again.