clutch and lsd info wanted

keirz

Member +
ok, seems as though ive been force to buy a new clutch due to recent problems (check other thread)

im new to all this clutch buisness. my plan is though......

orc309 single plate clutch ( which i beleive has lightened fly wheel)
also i want an lsd, what kits drop straight in with the mentioned clutch. my car didnt come with an lsd. how hard is it to fit an lsd to a car that never had one, does anything else need changing.

i just need guidence!

my car is stock engine wise 1996 glanza v. but im going with the plan.........if something needs replacing im gonna do it full on and go balls out to save buying stuff twice. might as well upgrade now.

Rick

Trader
If you are planning on keeping your car pretty much standard then I can't see the need for an ORC clutch. An Excedy organic should do the job very nicely at about half of the price. The traders sell them so I would advise getting some advice from them.

keirz

Member +
im looking for about 170bhp mate soon.

the orc309 comes with a lightened fly wheel too, which will help me toward buiding an awsome response glanza.

thats why i chose this one. your right it is prob overkill but i dont mind spending extra for the light flywheel too. and im guessing as this is a clutch and light flywheel combo it will be well suited.

supernova

Member +
I've got the Ogura on mine and the lightweight flywheel makes a huge difference! response and grippping power is amazing. once you apply a little throttle, you just feel the clutch gripping straight away and pulling you forward.

jamesgtturbo

Member +
like rick stated if your not planning on going much above the 200 bhp mark fitting the ogura clutch is not really worth while. the excedy organic clutch would be fine and much more user freindly as an everyday drive. i ran one on my previous 200 bhp ep82 and was really impressed with it .

as for the lsd its a strip down of the gearbox and renewing the diff and bearings