clutch slipping

Dazzergt

Member +
i just booted my EP82 and the revs picked up and didnt move much but then the clutch bite then took off, then smelt like it slipped, the ecu light came on

iv tried booting it again and its not doing it now.

iv had clutches go before but this seems strange has anyone had this problem?

dac69er

Super Moderator
when they are on their last legs they can be a bit iffy. sometimes they will hold fine and sometimes they will slip.

try doing the clutch test.

drive in 3rd gear at about 2000rpm
put the clutch down and floor the accelerator
let the revs get up but not hit the red line or anything silly and then let off the clutch

if the engine slows down and the car accelerates fine then your clutch is pretty decent
if the revs stay high or only drop a bit and the car doesnt really go anywhere your clutch is worn out and needs replacing if you want to drive hard.

if the clutch slips then let off the accelerator asap, the less you slip it under high rpm like that the longer it will last you for daily driving.

good luck

Dazzergt

Member +
thanks ill give it a try in the morning :) its jus wired its the first time its ever smelt like that and im running 200bhp and i live it plenty of stick

Dazzergt

Member +
I did the 3rd gear test this morning and was fine. Tried it in 5th was fine too but did smell abit. Then I relised it was overboosting to about 1.3 bar when it should of Been a bar so iv turned it down now

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
I did the 3rd gear test this morning and was fine. Tried it in 5th was fine too but did smell abit. Then I relised it was overboosting to about 1.3 bar when it should of Been a bar so iv turned it down now

that explains your ecu light probably. do a diag test.

as for clutch. mine sometimes sliped and sometimes held fine. but when it sliped, revs go up and car moves slowly. if it will slip again change it bud or youl need to change the flywheel too.. mine was properly fucked as i left it for a long time.

starletjosh

Member +
as long as you dont keep slipping it it shouldnt ruin the flywheel. When you get the clutch done just have the flywheel skimmed its alot cheaper. Where abouts are you from?

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
as long as you dont keep slipping it it shouldnt ruin the flywheel. When you get the clutch done just have the flywheel skimmed its alot cheaper. Where abouts are you from?

yeah. thats why i said if its going to slip again change it as it only can go worst not better.

Dazzergt

Member +
I'm from bitterne mate . You? Seems to be holding fine now . I thunk it slipped cus of the extra bhp that was going through it with the extra .3 bar it was running and couldn't hold that?
I want it to last for the next month cus I can't realy aford it at the mo lol