Coil on Plug with EMU

chinesemafia

Member +
hey guys i really wanna try this on my ep82 4efte seem the topic has come up a few times but people tend to stray off course can any one share some info on how we can get this to work on our car

found this any more info would be nice

This is copied and pasted from my original how to post on MR2oc.com. . .

As far as the cop setup goes I was hoping to get the car on the dyno for some numbers first. But just driving it around it seems to run great.

Here are the parts you will need:

4x Prius/Xb coils
4x coil connectors
4x diodes(have part numbers at work)
1x MSD tach adapter (part #8910)

So here are the basics:

I used the coils off of a Prius/Xb because they are damn near the proper length, and since I am still running the stock ecu I need the IGF signal so the car will run. I can get the part numbers off of them if needed.

I don't have the wiring diagram in front of me but basically all the b+ wires go together to a switched battery source preferably(mine is on a constant source and no battery drain problems). All the Ground wires go together and straight to ground. All IGF signal wires go together, then clip the stock IGF signal wire somewhere between the stock ignitor and ecu. Then connect the IGF wire(s) from the coils to the stock IGF wire on the ECU side.

That was the easy part. Next, you have to label all the IGT wires from the coils and run them up to the EMU. Then you clip the IGT signal (out from the EMU to the stock coil)wire a few inches. DO NOT FOLLOW GREDDY'S INSCTRUCTIONS FROM HERE OR YOU WILL GO NO WHERE. Next you will have to run IGT(1) to EMU IG-CH 3, IGT(2) to EMU IG-CH 2, IGT(3) to EMU IG-CH 4, and IGT(4) to EMU IG-CH 1. That was the part that took so long to figure out.

Remove the plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and stock coil. Then go into the GREDDY software and change all the IG settings to the proper settings for C.O.P., Now the car should start but you will notice no tach. To get the tach to work you will have to make a plug to plug the MSD tach adapter into the stock coil plug or cut the plug off and hard wire it. Finally you will have to wire in the diodes from the 4 IGT signals at the EMU into one wire and connect that wire to the IGT signal to the stock ignitor.

And there you have it. Coil On Plug with a piggyback ecu. You will still use the base of the distributor for the cam and crank signals and to set base timing. From there you can use the EMU to change overall timing and now individual cyl ignition timing

chinesemafia

Member +
hey guys i really wanna try this on my ep82 4efte seem the topic has come up a few times but people tend to stray off course can any one share some info on how we can get this to work on our car