Coilover Questions

fastglanza

Member +
If you have your car sitting unused for like 3-5months on coilovers, since they are kinda like under weight load of the car can they be damaged like this?

I suspect its better to jack the car up and keep on jackstands to ease them off load...?

2nd question: Since KYB make most brandname coilovers to their specs, why is it TRD's rear shocks leak?????? Do KYB make BuddyClub?

Finally can stock shocks for Glanza's be found in Tokico's line? I think Tokico are pretty damn good shocks (Are they related to KYB in anyway? )

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Erm, the car will always have that weight whether its being used or not! Driving does not reverse gravity.

fastglanza

Member +
u dont get what i mean...its not about the car..its about the coilovers

let them take the weight of the car for 5months (car not used in garage locked away) or jack the car up so the coilovers dont have any load on them?

mingles

Fresh Recruit
coilovers

Nothing will happen to the coilovers.Tokico does make shocks for the starlet.A buddy of mines glanza came in from japan with a set.

cole

Member +
:homer: eh

what your basically saying is if you dont jack your car off the ground when its parked up on a night it will damage your suspension

:homer: madness

Monkfish

Member +
I feel that someone wasn't paying attention in Physics at school. Either that or you have fitted coilovers made from kitkat wrappers and papier maché.

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
Not nesserally lads you have to think of the coilovers as being in constant load rather than getting a bit of movement every once in a while. seals being under load and getting stuck to the side wall etc. don't get me wrong it won't make much of a difference i'd say but i see the logic in it.

fastglanza

Member +
Not nesserally lads you have to think of the coilovers as being in constant load rather than getting a bit of movement every once in a while. seals being under load and getting stuck to the side wall etc. don't get me wrong it won't make much of a difference i'd say but i see the logic in it.

FINALLY SOMEONE WITH SOME INSIGHT!!!

geeze it must be the cold weather for the UK guys to comprehend...

All I am asking is let the coilovers be compressed all the time (which is when its on the car normally) or take them off so they are not under compression...

fastglanza

Member +
also yeah i suspected tokico did a set...I have a set on one of my glanzas that came with it...they're blue and came complete springs and shocks with pretty low drop and handle very well

morpheus

Member +
If you have your car sitting unused for like 3-5months on coilovers, since they are kinda like under weight load of the car can they be damaged like this?

I suspect its better to jack the car up and keep on jackstands to ease them off load...?

2nd question: Since KYB make most brandname coilovers to their specs, why is it TRD's rear shocks leak?????? Do KYB make BuddyClub?

Finally can stock shocks for Glanza's be found in Tokico's line? I think Tokico are pretty damn good shocks (Are they related to KYB in anyway? )

heard this also ..but i think that for 5 month it wont affect the coilover.....may be if car was left for a year then it would affect ur coilov::)er

Seanmcn

Member +
like the motocross bikes are best jacked up because the constant weight on the suspension is bad for them.

It wont do any harm if its jacked up too....