Coilovers

Hawwy

Member +
Hi

My mate glanzas front coilover clunks at low speed when turning. Somebody told me he need to grease the topmount?

dac69er

Super Moderator
try greasing the pillowball on the top mount and checking everything is tight if you suspect the coilovers. if it clunks on a turn then it could well be the cv joint.

Hawwy

Member +
Will it be a cv joint because i grabbed the driveshaft and when shaking side to side it quite has play and knoks

dac69er

Super Moderator
not sure what you mean? it shouldnt have any play once its all in place? check the hub nut is done up properly!

Hawwy

Member +
Yes hub nut is tight

Also when moving coilover up and down it knocks and the dampening adjuster at top goes up and down.
Camber bolts are tight aswell as the 4 main bolts

dac69er

Super Moderator
sounds like the pillowball is knackered. depending on the make of coilover, you can get replacements. grease it up for now, but change asap, will be an mot faliure, if the inspector is checking it properly

dac69er

Super Moderator
You can try and get some grease on the ball of the topmount. I assume the top nut is tight?

not sure what you meant about the driveshaft tbh, can you explain a bit better?

Hawwy

Member +
Basically if you get hold of the shaft and shake it, towards the gearbox and the wheel it knocks and has a lot of movement