Computer wizz needed!!!

mole76

Member +
Hope this is in right section?

I have been trying for a while now to get video uploaded from Llandow track day.
It was recorded on a mini disk cam corder, which was then copied to disc for me. After placing on my laptop it still would'nt play!
So then downloaded VCL player to play the bugger, all is fine aprox 30mins of footage about 1GB.( is this too large to for the forum to view??)

Cant get it onto photobook as it has saved in a file format??? i think.
It just keeps saying "no files available":confused:

Any computer wizz that can help would be greatfull.

Some good footage of Danes monster and that burgandy pug think its sam lol
and the blue mx5 spinning out.

Would like to share this vid, if your not bothered no worries saves my brain from collapsing lol..:homer:

Last edited:

mole76

Member +
wot file type is it.. eg .wmv ?

within the file 3 separate files ( VR_MANGR.BUP ,VR_MANGR.IFO, VR_MOVIE.VRO ) for me to play i have to select the file containing these files and play/open with VCL player, hope this helps.. File title DVD_RTAV..

Last edited:

Derek

Lifer
Hope this is in right section?

I have been trying for a while now to get video uploaded from Llandow track day.
It was recorded on a mini disk cam corder, which was then copied to disc for me. After placing on my laptop it still would'nt play!
So then downloaded VCL player to play the bugger, all is fine aprox 30mins of footage about 1GB.( is this too large to for the forum to view??)

Cant get it onto photobook as it has saved in a file format??? i think.
It just keeps saying "no files available":confused:

Any computer wizz that can help would be greatfull.

Some good footage of Danes monster and that burgandy pug think its sam lol
and the blue mx5 spinning out.

Would like to share this vid, if your not bothered no worries saves my brian from collapsing lol..:homer:

Who's brian? don't want him collapsing.:p

Rumel786

Member +
Basically you will ned to convert the video to a common format (avi, mpeg etc) im sure if you google "free online video converter" loads will come up, once its converted, download it again and you can post anywhere mate :p

Please note not all online players can convert that kind of format so search for "free video converter download"

mole76

Member +
Basically you will ned to convert the video to a common format (avi, mpeg etc) im sure if you google "free online video converter" loads will come up, once its converted, download it again and you can post anywhere mate :p

Please note not all online players can convert that kind of format so search for "free video converter download"

I will have a look rumel cheers for info

Rumel786

Member +
if that doesnt work, ur only other option is to burn the video on a dvd, (not copy & paste files, burn using a dvd maker applicastion) then rip that dvd back on to your pc (long process lol) and when ripping it pick the desired format :p

mole76

Member +

May sound stupid but, the film is on my laptop now not on disk, is that what your saying. to convert from a disc ??

Yes your video file will currentky be in .VOB format which is a common format for all digital cameras/camcorders. The reason VLC media player plays it is because it supports this format of video.
As Rumuel said you can use a converting software to make the file into DVD format or even .WMV or somethign similiar. A great piece of software for this is ConvertXtoDVD, this software isnt free but can be downloaded if you know where to look.
The other option is burn to DVD and then rip it back onto the system I would recomend AShampoo Burnign Studio for this, you can get a free trail online just use google.

But all these options will be useless depending on how much youtube etc will allow you to upload.
Your best options to get this online are:

Cut the video into 2 or 3 different parts, this way you can upload it upto youtube and everyone can watch them.
Or you could just upload the complete file upto an FTP site so people can download it to their systems and play it, I believe that Dub-Se7en has an FTP site if you want to ask him if he could help.

These would be your best and easiest options I think.
Christy

May sound stupid but, the film is on my laptop now not on disk, is that what your saying. to convert from a disc ??

Naw basically you now want to burn that file that is on your laptop onto disc again but this time use AShampoo and choose that you want to create a DVD-Video. This option will convert the file to either DVD format or WMV or similiar which should allow easy upload to the likes of photobucket and youtube.
But honestly the best option is cut the video in 2 or 3 and upload to youtube as it will definately work.
Christy

Rumel786

Member +
Naw basically you now want to burn that file that is on your laptop onto disc again but this time use AShampoo and choose that you want to create a DVD-Video. This option will convert the file to either DVD format or WMV or similiar which should allow easy upload to the likes of photobucket and youtube.
But honestly the best option is cut the video in 2 or 3 and upload to youtube as it will definately work.
Christy

Im not very good with explaining things lol But as christy explained :)

Rumel786

Member +
Christy

Tried giving some rep, but says to spread some shit around again lol

Im never good for words when explaining things :freddy:

Tried giving some rep, but says to spread some shit around again lol

Im never good for words when explaining things :freddy:

haha thats the second time thats happened to you.lol.
Naw you explained it well buddy I understand exactly what you meant just thought I would put it in the easiest format to understand, I do thsi all day everyday for work so im used to it.
Christy

mole76

Member +
haha thats the second time thats happened to you.lol.
Naw you explained it well buddy I understand exactly what you meant just thought I would put it in the easiest format to understand, I do thsi all day everyday for work so im used to it.
Christy

I want to chop it like you said, would be easier, if only i knew how to chop the bastard lol how is it done my wizzeys,...