Considering a return

Dexstar

Fresh Recruit
Hi was on here years ago had my ep82 around 2005 always missed it had all sorts since from an evo to a 500bhp s4 but still find myself wanting to get back in a starlet I remember this being a common theme with ex owners even back then. So the question is will it be as special as I remember coming back?

Fizturbo

Member +
Stop it :p still need replace tank it's nearly refurbed sat in Liverpool & unfinished project, sometimes feel like given up completely and movin on, think it's that age thing lol over speed bumps, pot holes or dodging poo drivers on roads.

Djaniero

Member +
Welcome back.
As you said it always seems to be a common trend.Owners move on to bigger, better and more powerful cars, but theres still a void that cannot be filled and end up wanting another Starbo.
I'd say go for it if you can find a good one. They seem to crop up for sale in fb groups now and gain.
I've been itching for an evo for years, but know deep down I'd probably end up regretting selling my GT.
What evo did you have and what sort of power was it running?

SKINY

Lifer
Welcome back.
As you said it always seems to be a common trend.Owners move on to bigger, better and more powerful cars, but theres still a void that cannot be filled and end up wanting another Starbo.
I'd say go for it if you can find a good one. They seem to crop up for sale in fb groups now and gain.
I've been itching for an evo for years, but know deep down I'd probably end up regretting selling my GT.
Evos are the new SR nova didn't ya know :p

Dexstar

Fresh Recruit
Welcome back.

i had an evo 8 running 403 bhp had it 5 years and just fancied a change was a cracking all rounder. I moved on the Audi my first German car but never really got on with it.

Hi was on here years ago had my ep82 around 2005 always missed it had all sorts since from an evo to a 500bhp s4 but still find myself wanting to get back in a starlet I remember this being a common theme with ex owners even back then. So the question is will it be as special as I remember coming back?

hail sir.,,,long time....welcome back to the site
the starlet/glanza is quite a special car to own, you never quite tire of them
i've driven in various stis, evos, levins, swifts, etc....all nice cars in their own right....heck, i even almost sold my ep91 a few years ago to buy a stock evo....i'm very glad i ended up keeping my glanza now...it will never be the fastest, most awesome handling car, BUT it will be fast enough and handle well enough for my liking and gives me a certain personal pleasure/thrill when i get into it :cool:

Djaniero

Member +
i had an evo 8 running 403 bhp had it 5 years and just fancied a change was a cracking all rounder. I moved on the Audi my first German car but never really got on with it.

Stupid question maybe, but are the running costs as crazy as most people say they are? I do most of the work on my GT myself, bar cam belt changes, and remapping. But always wondered if the evos were actual money pits or just people who never worked on them, themselves.