Coolant temp sender sensor

Hawwy

Member +
Hi all where is ep91 coolant temp sender like this one

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m19b0s1301p48340/Toyota_Starlet_Turbo_%5BEP82_EP91%5D_-_Parts_Spares_Tuning_Servicing_Accessories_-_Engine_Coolant_Temperature_Sender_-_Starlet_Turbo_up_to_05_1997

The one that if it is faulty makes ur car run like shit?

Under the distributor i got a depo water temp sensor
And some other one next to it as in the pic
null_zps720c86a4.jpg

Plug of the above sender
null_zps2c9ec9c7.jpg

Or at the back near top of bottom rad hose i got another one that a 1 pin plug?

null_zps878872bd.jpg

Either way cant find what im looking for

Need to know which is ecu one and where it goes
Is it the grey one in the pic and the one in camskill link fits there?

Last edited:

johnnygt

Member +
i think its the plug type sensor looks like the grey one in the pic

i had a idle problem on my other glanza when we put a GT engine into it n it was hunting the revs like mad so we fitted a GT coolant temp sensor

it's located on the water swirl pot just under the dizzy near thermostat housing not sure which one it is now

but u can always ask iddy waht it looks like as he sells them :)

Hawwy

Member +
U mean the grey one thats diconnected in 1st pic?
I can get a green sensor to put in the yeah?
Im waiting on iddy he gave me wrong one today hopefully he can get it tomorrow

moony187

Member +
Its the one in your first pic. If its faulty it causes the engine to over fuel and you'll notice a sort of blank spot when you hit the throttle. The 1 pin is your radiator fan switch, if that ones faulty your fan will either stay on constantly or not come on at all.

Hawwy

Member +
Its the one in your first pic. If its faulty it causes the engine to over fuel and you'll notice a sort of blank spot when you hit the throttle. The 1 pin is your radiator fan switch, if that ones faulty your fan will either stay on constantly or not come on at all.

Thank you so much

Had the flat spot problem hopefully it will sort it

moony187

Member +
Yeah it should do the job then. Being an EP91 the sensors are usually a bit more expensive compared to the EP82 ones. Best you can do to make it last a while and get rid of the blank spot before you buy another one would be to take it out and give it a good clean. Happened to one of mine not long ago and it kept it going for a few hundred miles lol