Could this be the problem??

Gtjond

Member +
Iv been having sme problems with my gt starting recently... It turns over, but as soon as it fires up it wont rev and just burbles and cuts out ( like its running on 1 cylinder. Iv been to busy to really look at it but iv just notised that my top intercooler piper is rubbing on the lambda sensor.. Its basically holding on by 1 thread if that! Could this be my problem?? Thanks

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
The car should still run without the lambda sensor, just use more fuel than usual. Do you have any error codes in the ECU?

Check you map sensor and also ignition system for issues.

Cheers

Mike Jones
Tuning Developments Ltd

wildchild

Member +
check if the small tube on the lambda sensor (MAP) has come off. also there should be three wires goin to it. check if the connection is ok. that is if there are no split or broken wires.
problems with faulty MAP gives out similar symptoms as urs.

first thing you should always do on any problem as its a quick job is to check the diagnostics stored on the standard ecu.

with the ignition on and engine check light visable, bridge TE1 and E1 on the "diag" port in the engine bay. the engine check light will flash. constant flashing is eveyrthing is fine.

Anything else there is a problem. and gives code.

2 flashes, small pause and then 4 flashes is code 24 for example. It will keep flashing all the error codes stored if there is more than one, once it gets to the end it will repeat the process over and over, so keep counting the codes until you get back to one you've had before.

Let us know, hope that helps

Tim