Couple of questions before I buy a starlet

craiggt4

Member +
Hi,

Been a toyota owner for 5 years now and I love them.
I currently own a AE92 corolla GTi for my daily driver and a ST185 celica GT-four as my weekend car.
Just registered because Im gonna be buying a starlet in a month or so, to replace my corolla and have a few questions.

1) Ive got 17inch OZ superleggera's on my corolla gti which I want to put on the starlet, can I get 17's on a starlet?

2) How good are they on petrol? I mean if you keep it on the low boost setting and dont rag it too much. I want to use it for an every day driver.

3)What would people recommend as the first few modifications?
I dont want to go too mad, was thinking air filter, dump valve, downpipe and exhaust system. Maybe a EBC later on.

Craig

dac69er

Super Moderator
17s should fit ok mate, but to be honest look a bit silly on a starlet most of the time.

your other questions can be answered if you do a search

99glanzav

Banned
have a look at starlets with 16s/17s mate....they look like mini-jeeps even when lowered with the standard kit,the starlet wheelbase is so short i dont think it looks well

have a look in members cars section to see how they will look

search for monkfish(the only one i can think of with 16s) to see how high it sits off the road even when lowered as the sit very very high unless paired with a kit(ie.toms.livesports etc)

ep_chen

Member +
16" is just fitting for me. looks ace and balanced for handling.
17" will give you a hard ride & higher fuel consumption.

welcome here and hope you join us soon.