crankshaft pully

G6Turbo

Member +
Hey guys just wanted too know if its worth going for the OEM crankshaft pully over a lightened one?

I know that the OEM one has vulcanised rubber in them and can dampen the torque a bit but is it worth too order a new OEM one or just go for a alloy one?

Also can someone give me the partnumber and maybe a price on them?

regards Wes

GP82

Member +
I would use the OEM crank pulley as it is a harmonic pulley which turbo motors need to absorb vibration from the crankshaft. They do a good job when the miles in the engine get high and the crankshaft gets inbalance. However if you have built a fresh rotating asseembly that has been balanced then i think you can use the lightened one. In my opinion i would always use the OEM crank pulley unless the aftermarket pulley is harmonic.

G6Turbo

Member +
My thoughts exacly, altough it is a fresh fully forged and balanced build....

anybody has a number and a pricetag? as they dont know the model here in Holland

AdamB

Member +
As said, if you plan on building a fresh motor, then getting the crank pulley balanced with the rest of the assembly would be fine to use a lightened version, although they are not harmonic balancers.

The flywheels role is to allow a mating surface to allow the clutch to bite on to transmit torque to the road wheels, it also provides a ring gear to allow the starter motor to engage onto.