Credit Card Advice.

John757

Member +
Hey Guys,

Quick question....Just did a balance transfer from one card to another, but transferred too much to the other card by accident. So this has put my credit limit on the old card from £5000 to £5700. Does this mean I can spend the £700 as if it's my money until I get back to my credit limit?

glanzanut

Lifer
can u explane in more detail bud? like are they both credit cards? and why did you transfer money from one to the other? :freddy:

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Just don't do wot I did a few years back. I transfered my balance to a new card then proceeded to max both out again :)

Still I had a damn good time! haha

dac69er

Super Moderator
Just don't do wot I did a few years back. I transfered my balance to a new card then proceeded to max both out again :)

Still I had a damn good time! haha

most ive ever spent on my credit card is £200. just used it for the hell of it a few times. gets the credit rating up a bit i suppose ;)

dan

Member +
im pretty sure if your planning on closing the account they would send you the £700 in a cheque.

At the end of the day your balance on the new car will be 5700, even tho you had only spent 5000 on your other card your still going to be paying the minimum repayments on 5700 if you get me. Ring your other card holder up and say im planning on closing the account, what will happen to the 700 credit in my account?

Ive just done my balance transfer for the next 12 months, fun and games playing the credit card game. Ive done the oposite tho, ive transfered 25p less then i should have so still owe 25p on that account and cant pay it on my internet banking :S hoping i can ring up and pay it so i can destroy the card.