CT12 vs CT9B

Blaster

Fresh Recruit
hey guys i need some help...

my CT9B is done... i was trying to repair it but i have a a deal, brand new ct12 but i dont know if it is a good upgrade...

can anyone one give some specs??

H

hoochhenry

upgrade yes ,,,,good to to much lag on a standerd gt turbo ,,,need different manifold mad and downpipe lad

H

hoochhenry

yes my misatke sorry about theat as you said ,,,shit anyway

Blaster

Fresh Recruit
i dont think so..

there usually found on diesel toyotas...the mr2 uses the ct26 if i remember correct

you can get a hybrid ct9-ct12...but they dont make much power over a normal ct9 at 1bar

im still learning the differences.

but i searching for a comparison between these two turbos....

Fatman

Member +
The CT-12 most people are thinking of is originally from the 2e-te or 2e-telu, they came in the EP71 Turbo S and Turbo R models. These turbos are significantly older and not as good as the CT9. On paper the exhaust side is several mm larger, however that does not necessarily make more power.

CT series turbos on the whole are not ideal for an upgrade, I'd highly recommend you look elsewhere for something more suitable for power. T25/T28 or the td04 series are inexpensive, cheap to find parts for/rebuild and make *plenty* of power with the right supporting modifications.

Blaster

Fresh Recruit
The CT-12 most people are thinking of is originally from the 2e-te or 2e-telu, they came in the EP71 Turbo S and Turbo R models. These turbos are significantly older and not as good as the CT9. On paper the exhaust side is several mm larger, however that does not necessarily make more power.

CT series turbos on the whole are not ideal for an upgrade, I'd highly recommend you look elsewhere for something more suitable for power. T25/T28 or the td04 series are inexpensive, cheap to find parts for/rebuild and make *plenty* of power with the right supporting modifications.

someone over here told me something like that. but when i saw the numbers on paper i got confused.

im using PWFC for managment. so..i hope i get decent numbers

:confused:

H

hoochhenry

hay fatman i got the pistons shaved for a 5efhe build theres a thread i put up with pics tell me what ya think