Ct9 oil return line

scrappygit

Member +
As above my oil return line on my ct9 is leaking. Could this cause my engine to smoke (blue) as it's only been doing it since I've noticed oil coming from the oil return? If not is it easy to tell if my seal has gone on my turbo? As there is a patch of oil from under the turbo location on my Glanza and at first look it looks like it's coming from my oil return. Thank you.

dac69er

Super Moderator
it wont cause the engine to smoke unless its leaking enough to reduce the oil pressure in the turbo and the seals may have gone.

first thing i would do is to remove what the think is leaking. clean all the oil up and refit the part sealed properly. then you can go from there and see if the leak re-appears

akyakapotter

Member +
mine also leaks a bit of oil from there but i think thats down to me taking the turbo off and not putting a new gasket back on

scrappygit

Member +
it wont cause the engine to smoke unless its leaking enough to reduce the oil pressure in the turbo and the seals may have gone.

first thing i would do is to remove what the think is leaking. clean all the oil up and refit the part sealed properly. then you can go from there and see if the leak re-appears

Thanks for your reply. It only started smoking a little yesterday and a more noticeable amount today on the way back from work. On tick over it does not smoke but if I was to rev it a little the smoke is obvious quite quickly. I think need to get it it apart clean the bits up and see what happens.

dac69er

Super Moderator
doubt its the turbo if it doesnt do it on idle. i would check your engine breather first. might be worth getting a compression test done, just in case.

scrappygit

Member +
Yeah I will do it at work on Monday. Was just curious about the oil feed really. Will have to get it on a ramp and see what's going on. Cheers mate.