Ct9 rebuilding

hi guys
how many people have carried out a ct9 rebuild on ere successfully ? i know its not too much for seals but with the risk of making a hash of it, is it worth the risk ?

Paul

fancy doing another after that lol
i really want to do it but dont want to get it wrong
did you buy ur kit through speedvision ? or elsewhere
cheers stu

stuart

Member +
Yep mate, from Sam @ Speedvision :)

dac69er also sent me a couple of pictures, but not sure if they are still on the PC of his whilst in the rebuild progress

sam's 65 del so its cool but need someone to weld it up first unfortunately these cars are damn expensive spent over £1000 in last 2months just to keep it on the road and i get trade discount on toyota parts !
Cheers kenny will look later

stuart

Member +
Sometimes it can be a long haul, check my members thread....I didnt have much of a starlet last year too heh - but when you get them up and running right, its excellent, well worth the time, money and effort :)

What do you need welding up??

few cracks i thought mine was bad but saw my mates ct9b tonight and the cracks on tht are wide open , mine in comparison are not bad but i want it done right and dont really want to take it off again ..... yeah its great when it runs right but only taken turbo off cos i was loosing boost and getting slower day by day , nice high pitched whistle aswel its all good fun in love and war

stuart

Member +
Ah, not had my current one off, but its started smoking, done about 90K kmhs so its time to overhaul and rebuild :)

hope everything goes well for yours mate, shouldn't go wrong, with the guides I used.

~ stu

i dont want to risk it really, its the start of something to come so you know get it done sooner rather than later will post some pics up when shes back on the road. Mine only puffed smoke when stone cold when you pulled away its got to be that i got compression across the range so most likely turbo

TurboDave

Member +
Stop running it Paul or your going to ruin the internals of the turbo, if there is loads of shaft play it may already be too late :(

Dave
sorry about not being able to send the turbo too you. I want a hybrid so much but i cant afford to get it welded and hybrid'd at the same time! After last night i saw GTash's CT9b now they have proper cracks mine are hairlines at the mo but want it welded sooner rather than later can you help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!

stuart

Member +
Re building another one this week :)

Only a tiny (less than 1mm) crack in wastegate too, not as bad as I had hoped