ct9 to td04.. with stock intercooler?

superred

Fresh Recruit
hey guys, need your opinion regarding on turbo and intercooler,

my starlet running ct9 at the moment.. i just wanna know if i change to Td04, would my stock intercooler (top mount) can support it? not planning to have high boost tho.. just wanna change the turbo and running td04..

and if i hav to change the intercooler.. what type should i use ? cause i don't want to mess up with the bumper and what i heard mostly running tdo4 they had to remove the a/c?

thanks. hehe

superred

Fresh Recruit
thank you for your suggestion.. about the pipe thingy i already sort it.. yeah thanks again.. so i guess running td04 with stock intercooler is fine..

mudi

Member +
Yes mate you can run td04 totally fine with the stock intercooler, a freind of mine is running a td04 with the stock intercooler and juicing out 170 hp with a good and safe tune.

edit: i think 170hp is almost the most you can get out of the stock intercoolers and with somewhere around 0.8bars.

omikron

Member +
Yes mate you can run td04 totally fine with the stock intercooler, a freind of mine is running a td04 with the stock intercooler and juicing out 170 hp with a good and safe tune.

edit: i think 170hp is almost the most you can get out of the stock intercoolers and with somewhere around 0.8bars.

stock injectors?

@ the op

an rx7 tmic might be a good addition as well

mudi

Member +
Yes on stock injectors and with an adjustable fpr that is. The rx7 intercooler may be able to with stand more power though lets say around 200ponies.