ct9b

Monkfish

Member +
There are several (Including myself) aiming for the 200bhp mark. Not impossible, it just requires some lateral thinking and a chunk of luck.

I had 179bhp and 152lbs.ft from a CT9a with FMIC, Plugs & Leads, RRFPR, GReddy BCC, HKS Actuator @ 1 Bar, Manifold, Decat and 2.5" Single box system. I've now got a CT9b so I'm not sure what gains (if any) I've had over the CT9a.

I've still got the stock ECU, Cams, Injectors and internals, so I see no reason why 190-195 can't be had with uprated items and a boost controller.

:)

Deano

Banned
I know of a Glanza in New Zealand that has 350 hp on stock internals it's the quest 4 starlet and it's green it featured in nz performance car issue 98 It's Nz's quickest Glanza and is running a GT25R turbo. Hey Monkfish did you notice any difference using the ct9b compared to the ct9a?

Last edited:

dantheman

Member +
1.1bar is prob max for little ct9, after that it just generates alot of heat and doesnt work effeciently.

stuart

Member +
There are several (Including myself) aiming for the 200bhp mark. Not impossible, it just requires some lateral thinking and a chunk of luck.

I had 179bhp and 152lbs.ft from a CT9a with FMIC, Plugs & Leads, RRFPR, GReddy BCC, HKS Actuator @ 1 Bar, Manifold, Decat and 2.5" Single box system. I've now got a CT9b so I'm not sure what gains (if any) I've had over the CT9a.

Make that 8 ;) - bitch knocked out 179 last rr :)

Monty

Member +
I know of a Glanza in New Zealand that has 350 hp on stock internals it's the quest 4 starlet and it's green it featured in nz performance car issue 98 It's Nz's quickest Glanza and is running a GT25R turbo. Hey Monkfish did you notice any difference using the ct9b compared to the ct9a?

Are you sure? I thought the pistons would ahve gave in and conrods going to hell??? If it is true thats insane!

I've still got the stock ECU, Cams, Injectors and internals, so I see no reason why 190-195 can't be had with uprated items and a boost controller.

:)

as far as i know scottishcruiser recorded 172WHP on his ct9a......he had all the supporting mods in place though

i think JAM racing did 196bhp on the ct9 also......so u guys still got a bit to go....:rockon:

TurboDave

Member +
Idd be very interested to see the RR graph for a standard ct9 producing 200bhp or over.

I dont think it is possible, but it is a good challenge.

Anyone know the highest BHP ever recorded from a hybrid CT9?

Timmy

Member +
i think JAM made 190ish atw it was a bit over 200bhp at the fly. I think the trick is to increase compression using a trd 6mm head gasket, but you need to be really careful with the tune. It won't make a very reliable motor. I think anythin over 180bhp is very good.

Monkfish

Member +
Hey Monkfish did you notice any difference using the ct9b compared to the ct9a?

Felt torquier low down in the revs as the turbo was spooling, but I think I've lost a bit off the top end. Need to get a RR confirmation though.

1.1bar is prob max for little ct9, after that it just generates alot of heat and doesnt work effeciently.

Indeed, but if you can get the CT9 to make and hold 1.1 bar with some good cooling (Which is where the lateral thinking bit comes in) then with cams, uprated ECU, boost controller and a damn good tune, I can't see why 200 can't be done.;)

Make that 8 ;) - bitch knocked out 179 last rr :)

Nice figure :rockon:

Smore

Lifer
i did 191.1bhp(fly) with 178lbs ft of torque on a ct9a (1.0bar)with all support mods in place, would have got a bit more if i had had bigger injectors as they were reaching thier safety max

with the G-Spec i made 203bhp(fly) and 192.9lbs ft of torque (1.1bar) needed bigger injectors to go further

it is possible