Cusco lsd

baconfrys

Member +
How bad is a cusco box ment to be? I have not long had my box built with new bearings,cusco lsd repair kit and used a second hand crown wheel.

When I bought car it was jerky and I could live with it, then after getting some power and putting a tuning developments puk clutch in and giving a hard time the plates in diff snapped and 2 teeth off crown wheel, it was like a grabbing effect when coming off the clutch in first gear and when you were decelerating it was like a mega noisy wheel bearing whirring noise,so....

Box builder stripped box and said it needed bearings,diff kit and crown wheel, so new diff repair kit,new bearings and second hand crown from another box, but now....

Now.... The bearing noise/whirring is still there (builder says its because its a crown out of a different box it's not meshing 100%)

When taking off in first it's still "grabbing+clicking+banging" feels like a shaft is away to go bang!

Now I no that these are ment to be noisy and not the Bentley idea of a box but it never used to be as bad as this, is it because diff is tighter than before?

I have paid almost a grand between labour and parts I just want to be certain this is what it should be like.

Any comments and advise welcome

baconfrys

Member +
not done anything other than a few figures of 8 but i had to stop to make sure the box was still under the bonnet someone did say about a bed in proceedure is that the 30 figures of 8 if i remember correctly?

anarky

Member +
Is it the cusco RS LSD and is it set up for 2 way operation?

I've driven a starlet with above and it juddered and jerked on pull away like no other!

AdamB

Member +
not done anything other than a few figures of 8 but i had to stop to make sure the box was still under the bonnet someone did say about a bed in proceedure is that the 30 figures of 8 if i remember correctly?

I believe your supposed to do figure of 8's for 25-30 mins.