decat bracing

dark_knight

Member +
braced decat

just like cheshireglanza says, it helps your mani support bolts take the weight of the turbo and exhaust by bracing it at extra points. always go for this option if you can.. like this one..

tanabe

Member +
ahh cool braced it is, ive three choices then :

Zisco Mild steel

japspeed

Blitz (rare, if anyone is selling please let me know)

_iforget_glanza

Untrusted Seller
zisco= ask kon or wait for one to come about

japspeed= easy nuff to come by .pop up every 3 weeks

blitz= very rare.not that often one comes up for sale as ppl like to keep the.saying that theres one for sale on donedeal.ie

or if on a budget you could gut a standard cat or cut the middle section out of a cat and weld in a pipe

darren

dark_knight

Member +
stock decat

now that we are on this topic, what if he just gutted his cat off the stock down-pipe..? is there an obvious and very bothering performance loss by this approach..?

_iforget_glanza

Untrusted Seller
well it has both pros and cons.however dont take there to be gospel as these are my oppinion based on what i kno

if you gut the stock cat it will(obviously) give greater free flow of air as yu have removed a restriction in the system, however as the cat widen out it will cause a disruption in the air.so basicly what im trying to say is that it will work, however it will not give as good results as a de-cat that is uniform in diameter all the way through

darren

dark_knight

Member +
gas flow disruption

@_iforget_glanza: i concur on the flow disruption. i guess it's just a matter of numbers, how bad the compromise is etc..