Decat

PelvisGt

Member +
..basically i wanna get a decat for my gt BUT i dont want it to make my exhaust way over the top (my mate has a saxo with a decat and its a joke how loud it is) is there decats that add the power and keep the sound to a reasonable level :p ?

Adam_Glanza

Member +
i have the hks silent exhaust with decat and it not overly loud its just perfect to be honest, nice and noticable but not ouch my ears hurt loud.

and n/a cars are generally louder because they have nothing to block the noise if you remove the silencers, turbo cars obviously have the turbo to block sound so thats why there generally a bit quieter. but in my experience my decat didnt make it hugely louder, see what the others say tho with different systems really depends on what you got

PelvisGt

Member +
i have the hks silent exhaust with decat and it not overly loud its just perfect to be honest, nice and noticable but not ouch my ears hurt loud.

and n/a cars are generally louder because they have nothing to block the noise if you remove the silencers, turbo cars obviously have the turbo to block sound so thats why there generally a bit quieter. but in my experience my decat didnt make it hugely louder, see what the others say tho with different systems really depends on what you got

ah right makes sense now lol, i have atm a apexi system but its cracked and want to get the HKS Hi-Power Silent Exhaust System and put a decat on that.
Thats cool about the sound though :)
and does it use alot more petrol?

99glanzav

Banned
5zigen pro racer and zep racing de cat sound sexual!!

i had a 5zigen on my glanza too,with a mani and decat,silencer boxes chopped out also,sounded like it belong on a track:cops: :p

all depends on what sound you want,the hks silent is a nice exhaust,and quiet even with a decat