different FTE turbo's

G6Turbo

Member +
I was wondering what kind of different turbo's there are made for the FTE, now i am aware of the SARD k24 and k26, the blitz K1, hybrids, TDO4 but are there any other turbo's made for the 4E-FTE engine's

Also the blitz K1 turbo what kind of specs does it has? How much boost can it handle what kind of power does it put out?

really interested in the different kinds of them :D

dac69er

Super Moderator
they are meant to be pretty good. capable of safely boosting to about 1.2bar and you can get 200bhp from them. thats what ive been told anyway

G6Turbo

Member +
i have a CT20 hybrid myself, it does go very well but not enough for my needs, so i am looking at other turbo's and try to get the one that suits my needs better :)

and i have also heard that the K1 blitz turbo is some kind of hybrid CT9 turbo

G6Turbo

Member +
a thanks for confirming that :)

i think the TDo4 turbo is the best turbo for overal performance, i am looking for 220 to 230 bhp so that should do the trick.

but i also think the K24 is capable of that kind of power so i have some thinking to do LOL :p

Timmy

Member +
The actual answer to your question is the ct9 is the only turbo actualy specificly made for 4efte's. All the others are hybrids or actual originaly designed for other motors.

G6Turbo

Member +
i know what u mean mate, i didnt specifi my question enough

but u know what i mean right......at least the others did ;)

Timmy

Member +
yeh i knew what you meant. but my real point is it's not so much the design just as who's done what. And the possibilities are endless, obviously some turbos are used more than others. I think the only kits done by the big tuners are the blitz and sard and HRF. But anyway this thread could go on forever best to keep the answer simple and straight to the point me thinks.

riko666

Member +
Turbos made specifically for the 4e-fte, as clarified by Timmy, are the CT9a/b and the Blitz K1...I didn't include Hybrid's as that's essentially a CT9. The Blitz/SARD K24/26 was available in different versions, some of which were adapted for the 4e-fte.

Apart from that, other Turbos adapted to fit are commonly the GT25/28, TD04, TD05 (From the likes of WEPR, Speedvision, Bave Durwash, Cruise, HRF...). Otherwise, you can put any turbo you like, just as long as you can get a manifold to suit....and supporting mods.

G6Turbo

Member +
i see ur points guys, and ur absolutely right. But i was thinkin like u said the most common turbo's used :)