do i need anything else to run a hybrid?

Ady

Member +
i am strongly considering going for a hybrid turbo in the very near future.
just wondering if theres anything else i need to run it safely. my currnet mod list is...

Lowered suspension
Meshed Turbo
2.5" ss full system
Gutted cat
HKS actuator
HKS FCD
RRFPR
Front Mounted Intercooler
Running 15 psi (but it doesnt hold it for long)

will the turbo run successfully with what i have already got?

Ady

Member +
anyone care to take a guess at what power i should see with a hybrid at 15psi added to my list?

and btw i dont actually know what an safc2 is!

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
super air flow controller iirc. Its used to help tune your fuelling. Theres a guy on here (CornishGlanza i think his username is) that has the same set up as you plus an SAFC and hybrid running 1 bar is making 191bhp!

Ady

Member +
just had a quick look at the safc, looks expensive!

191bhp is plenty of power for a starlet. my aim is really 200 but im sure i can find a few extra horses somewhere.

oh yeah forgot to mention i have a stainless manifold on the way!

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
The newer SAFC Neo's are pretty pricey. Try and find yourself an SAFC2 on ebay or something. You could always go the Emanage route. That would actually be better as its a piggy back ecu and better for any future mods!

j4cko

Member +
just had a quick look at the safc, looks expensive!

191bhp is plenty of power for a starlet. my aim is really 200 but im sure i can find a few extra horses somewhere.

oh yeah forgot to mention i have a stainless manifold on the way!

not as expensive as your pistons going pop because its running lean...............

WallaceGlanza

Member +
You'll need it setup on the rolling road too, to check that the fuelling is ok with the hybrid on, I wouldn't boost it until you do. You could end up with an expensive repair bill otherwise.

Also I'd hope for at least 200bhp considering I'm running pretty much 190bhp with the stock ct9.;)

speedvision

Member +
i am strongly considering going for a hybrid turbo in the very near future.
just wondering if theres anything else i need to run it safely. my currnet mod list is...

Lowered suspension
Meshed Turbo
2.5" ss full system
Gutted cat
HKS actuator
HKS FCD
RRFPR
Front Mounted Intercooler
Running 15 psi (but it doesnt hold it for long)

will the turbo run successfully with what i have already got?

get ur self an uprated manifold and downpiep to help with temps

sam

Timmy

Member +
don't expect to much just using an rrfpr. The it won't be tuned at all just over fueld to stop it popping. Look for a safc of some sort. I got a hks pfc for hybrids but you'd have to hard wore it in as the harness is for a glanza. But with that you could expect 190bhp+ depending on constion of the engine ect.