Do you ever keep secrets?

jjayokocha

Ulster Area Rep
Just curious as do any of the Starlet owners on here keep some set ups or mods secret? You spend a lot of money on ur car and find the perfect set up but would like to keep it quiet, i have researched so much into this after having a high powered GT before and maybe looking to try something else with it.

turbojim

Lifer
nope i will tell anyone anything i dont give a shite ha unless i was being seriously competitve in a certein sport (drag etc)

jjayokocha

Ulster Area Rep
Ye that is what i am thinking, i bought the GT for my 5 year old so as he goes he can help build it up for when he's an adult to race it. The likes of F1 dnt share their secrets with other teams so why does it cause so much bother on the sites?

nope i will tell anyone anything i dont give a shite ha unless i was being seriously competitve in a certein sport (drag etc)

Im the same
What part of kilkenny ya from jim? think i seen that gt around kells?
looks savage!
I use to tell people but now i not gonna give away much, dont mind tlelin few on here bita spec but not gonna tell anyone local or in a honda haha

jjayokocha

Ulster Area Rep
Im the same
What part of kilkenny ya from jim? think i seen that gt around kells?
looks savage!
I use to tell people but now i not gonna give away much, dont mind tlelin few on here bita spec but not gonna tell anyone local or in a honda haha

ha ha

turbojim

Lifer
fuck honda owners they are the snakiest cunts out there haha they annoy the shite out of me lol
and im from kilamery lad what about yourself? and yea you probably did a friend of mine lives in kells was down there one day with him

snakiest cunts is rite ha ha, my mate has a sir civic tells everyone its fairly standard, fuckin has a integra engine and gearbox
dont really know killamery that well at all, use to go out with a one from that direction, over piltown direction ha
im in waterford myself lad at the moment for work, does your friend have a "efi starlet" with a nice setup under the bonnet? white with a black bonnet?

Know jackie yeah, few the lads would be friends with him, i know his cousin little small lad his father has a twincam? jason drive a evo?

Tanz

Lifer
Haha i love how this turns into do you know this one that one thread....

Anyway back on topic way i am at the moment is i like to give away so much and keep the rest to myself when the car is finished then when only asked ill tell all...:)

Shorty

Member +
i should have a little over 300 when mapped and im more than happy to tell anyone any of the spec, all you do by not sharing is make life harder for others who wish to learn and harder on yourself as thoese before you who made mistakes or would of done different cant share thier experinces with you.

secrets are for gays!! and tbh forums and the knollage you all have gained wouldnt be available if we all kept stuff secret would it??

thefalls

Member +
To be very honest,many people keep secrets thinking that others wont find about it.
Its sharing on forums that moves the knowledge around.
I have learnt a lot from here and i try my best to shift the knowledge where it is needed.

After all some one making a mistake leads to waste of money and time,if you can help someone save these two
things then i believe you have achieved something for the day.

And a good action always equates into a good reaction!

*erm,bit philosophical*

To be very honest,many people keep secrets thinking that others wont find about it.
I have learnt a lot from here and i try my best to shift the knowledge where it is needed.

After all some one making a mistake leads to waste of money and time,if you can help someone save these two

*erm,bit philosophical*

X2, the 'Pass it Forward' ideology is the right way to do things

gv1.3

Admin

*erm,bit philosophical*

Thats the attitude that has this site going 10 years now.

Think back a while, especially for the newer members or recent owners of these cars. Back then there was not as much info about how far the cars could be pushed and what setup would get you what result. It has only been through people trying different things and then sharing the results with the community that we now know so much about tuning these cars.

I have noticed a shift in attitude over the past couple of years toward withholding knowledge. The first real instance of this that stuck in my mind was when a member discovered how to setup launch control on the emanage but would not tell anyone how he did it. At the time he had another thread open on the forum asking for help with another technical issue he was having, I found it very hypocritical. Soon after another member figured out the launch control settings and shared them publicly.

Everything is about balance. If you get value from something you should attempt to at least invest as much value as you received. If you read a tutorial and it really helps you then the next time you are carrying out work on your car the least you should do is write up a tutorial and share it with the community. The unfortunate truth is that many people expect info to be shared when THEY need it but when others need it they often are too busy or not bothered enough to assist. Thankfully everyone is not like this.

On the point above about F1 teams keeping secrets.... of course they do as there are millions at stake for each race. Also if someone is in to drag racing etc I dont see an issue with them keeping exact details of their setup to themselves in order to remain competitive.

Dylan's moral message for the day - If you CAN help someone then you SHOULD help someone.

gv1.3

Admin
lol... goes without saying dude :) I find it very irritating when someone asks something that has been covered a hundred times.