door hinges??

jonny-boi32

Member +
does the front wing have to be removed to take the door hinges off?? mine have dropped and i have a set in the garage and was gonna change them over. whats the best way??

Stulet-GTT

Member +
Taking the wing off is the easyest way, or you could have some one with you and balance door on axle stands an do it that way...

Stulet-GTT

Member +
Na i cant be arsed to, thats why i have had my hinge for months now..:haha:

But im going out today to do them with a mate, gonna get him to hold door while i undo it an change hinge, i recon it be easyer that way to...

dac69er

Super Moderator
i havnt really looked into it much, but can you not get to the inner bolts from inside the front wing? meaning you only have to remove the inner arch liner?

jonny-boi32

Member +
Na i cant be arsed to, thats why i have had my hinge for months now..:haha:

But im going out today to do them with a mate, gonna get him to hold door while i undo it an change hinge, i recon it be easyer that way to...

ill get the misses to hold it, although she will prob get bored after a few mins.

i havnt really looked into it much, but can you not get to the inner bolts from inside the front wing? meaning you only have to remove the inner arch liner?

hmmm, thought of that but never actually looked. will have to look at that 1st. cheers.

Stulet-GTT

Member +
Eaither way you will need two people..

You can undo bolts on to door an get some one to slide it left to undo bolts on car...
Or yes i recon you can remove inner lining to get to bolts but will still need some to hold door an move it as there are wires going threw for window an lock's...

Recon once you get out there it will become apperent on what to do. im gonna blag my mate into helping me...