Drive shaft issues

rwdrev

Member +
finally got the gt back on the road after a long time rebuilding it and when i turn hard lock (left lock only) and drive its making a bad knocking sound and trys "tripping the car up" by snagging the wheel. So pulling out of a junction left, its snagging the steering wheel and making horrible noises, yet in a straight line or right hand bends its fine.

so i put on 2 brand new cv joints from camskill and its made no difference.

everything on the front end is all new, wheel bearings, bottom ball joint, track rod ends, proflex antilift kit, poly bushed front wishbone mounts, arb links, front shocks and now outer cv's.

had a look today and everything is tight, spinning the wheel on hard lock dose not show any faults.

so now thinking inner cv's, or worst, the diff. nothing catches anything either

anyone got any ideas? cos im stumped!!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

ep-82

Member +
It could be the inners dude I did the exact same thing brought all brand new outters to find out it was the inners.

Guye

Lifer
Top shock mounts are good also? I was getting a horrible noise only on the left and wheel arch rubbing...shock mount had given up the ghost.

Last edited:

rwdrev

Member +
yes Rory, got trd 1.5 in it. i hope to f**k it aint that. shocky mounts are solid. there is no movement from the front end at all. wheel bearings are tight/ no play.

where do i get inner cv's from?

AdamB

Member +
The TRD 1.5 mechanical diffs do clunk. Try swapping the oil for a good 75w 90, and use some friction modifier. Unless you have a TRD Helical (which are uber rare) then the helical diff's don't make any noise, similar to Quaife.

rwdrev

Member +
The TRD 1.5 mechanical diffs do clunk. Try swapping the oil for a good 75w 90, and use some friction modifier. Unless you have a TRD Helical (which are uber rare) then the helical diff's don't make any noise, similar to Quaife.

cant remember the name of the oil i used but i have used there stuff in the landy and its fine. i run lsd oil in it before, but was told to just run normal 75w 90. it never made any noise or anythin before i took it apart. and all i did was put 4 new boots on. the shafts were kept wrapped up in a cloth and was in the car from when i took them out. really bugging me, cos if it aint the inner cv's then its got to be the diff.