Dual windows operating question

Big_Daddy

Member +
Any know how install dual operatin on they pc? Im currently running win7 but i need windows xp to certain stuff (compatiblty thing)...
Manged to partion main hard drive for xp to go... when i boot from xp cd, it begins 1st part installation but after the reboot is says disk read error :confused: and boots nothing!!
So have to use windows 7 recovery cd to repair the boot file so i can load windows 7 back up...
theres nothign wrong with hard drive as i had fully scanned and checked for errors/bad sectors...

Big_Daddy

Member +
Yeh think i have to now as Ms state also you cannot install old boot as win7 dosnt support it.....Have to back every thing up for this now!!

SupaStu

Member +
Yep install the program and run it as MS XP Pro, should have no problems. If you don't have a partition on the hard drive, then you can just download MS Virtual Machine 2010, its free and you can install XP to a virtual machine, just allocate enough resources to the VM.

Big_Daddy

Member +
Don't mean to patronise you, but i don't know whether you know, Windows has a compatability mode, so you can usually run anything in Windows 7 if it is meant for any other Windows OS.

What are you trying to run/install?

Its hardware related so compatibilty mode is not optional, its my graphic card, win7 dosnt support full hardware accelration on basic so ceratin stuff wont work, eg games, some software....

Yep install the program and run it as MS XP Pro, should have no problems. If you don't have a partition on the hard drive, then you can just download MS Virtual Machine 2010, its free and you can install XP to a virtual machine, just allocate enough resources to the VM.

Never tried that, my resources are used up alot in wn7 so i doutn that be possible... ive sorted it now anyways, full format, 2 partions xp, then win7 on dual boot option...:)