Dumpvalve blowing Oil!!?

gt 4efte

Fresh Recruit
Hiho, I think i got a problem,

I was looking under the bonnet today when i see oil around the dumpvalve, Arc t-mic,
When i start the engine and i let the dumpvalve blowing, i see the oil getting out of it!! :mad: and the car driving more slower, turbo spools bad. and the engine idle 600 Rpm normal 1000 Rpm
So i think the ct9 died?<< im not happy maybe the pistons are damage too,
i drive 1 bar, mods, Arc-tmic, mani,decat,2.5inch Wepr, and this time stock Ecu, i got Blitz access too, but i was running this time with the stock Ecu,for some reasons.<
not a good idea:mad:

i hope u guy's can read my problem, and give some advice

Stefan

My mates did this, blew oil out of the dumpvalve. The cause was worn/damaged piston rings, making the oil blow by. I dont think it would be the turbo if the oils coming out the dumpvalve, its more then likely piston/ring damage, which means a re-build

RobSR

Member +
My mates did this, blew oil out of the dumpvalve. The cause was worn/damaged piston rings, making the oil blow by. I dont think it would be the turbo if the oils coming out the dumpvalve, its more then likely piston/ring damage, which means a re-build

yea it can be mate :)
would be a damaged comp. side oil seal that would make it do it. if it was piston/ring damage you will be more than likely to have oil coming out of the breather on the cam cover.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
yea it can be mate :)
would be a damaged comp. side oil seal that would make it do it. if it was piston/ring damage you will be more than likely to have oil coming out of the breather on the cam cover.

as rob said... prob its the turbo that seen better days

gt 4efte

Fresh Recruit
ok Thx for advice, i will check it,and if it's damage i will buy a new one, i think a hybride Ct9
What would be a good hybride? and price's?
But what's the reason the engine idle slower from 1000 Rpm > 600 Rpm?
i will do a compression test to check, the pistons.

I cry :mad: i think i can't drive now, to my work maybe i will damage more then.

Stefan

GTti

Member +
Is your rocker cover breather plumbed into the intake?

I think the first step would be to inspect the turbo, I would suspect that the seals have perished leaking oil into the compressor side. This would account for the BOV spraying oil and the exhaust being a little smokey from combusting oil in with the mixture.

h3ppy

Member +
my car done the same , and it was the turbo. i would check it first although a compression test wont hurt either.

gt 4efte

Fresh Recruit
I did a compression test Today,

Bad news:

Cil 1 :10,5bar
Cil 2 :10,5bar
Cil 3 :6 bar Not good, and i got a other manifold, 2,5 inch Wepr, decat
Cil 4: 10,5bar

Every were oil into the intercooler, turbo, and the play shaft of the turbo don't feel fine,

I will tommorow Remove the cilinder Head, and will see the damage :(

I will build a Forged engine i think , Ross pistons, Pauter rods,
If the pistons are damage , ore only new piston rings, i will see.

Tdo4 turbo kit, And Fmic,
and will sell mine Rare ARC intercooler.

Stefan

Nille

Member +
You have also the turbo seals broken.

But yes, it´s wise thing to forge it now at the same time and don´t waste your money and time to build it twice.

GET FORGED, then you don´t have to think anything more than power :drive:

But true is that if the engine knocks several times it kills any piston. So get some good engine management system and datalogging + wide band, bigger turbo "INTE hybrid" and 3bar MAP sensor...at the same bankrupt :D

Last edited: