Dumpvalve/ vac leak/boost help!!!

poke

Member +
The missus has a gt turbo and i changed the actuator in it yesterday as the old one was seized.... she has a hks ssqv and shes complaining that at 3000rpm you can hear like the loud blow off of the dump valve that you would usually have on deacceloration but only if you hold the revs at 3000rpm this noise stays on constant and accelerate only a tiny bit that you can almost play with it to stay on or it will just clear when floor it.... shes also slow to pick up boost almost very laggy like but only when i took it out for a second spin when, on the first spin to see was it ok she boosted perfectly and with no noise what so ever, i had a quick look around the engine bay last night but didnt see anything....can anyone shine some light on the matter please and thanks in advance:rockon:

Tanz

Lifer
From what your saying it seems to be one of three things im my opinion ,,, the dumpvalve is faulty ,, the vacum lines are wrong either plumbed up wrong or mis connected,,or the filter for the vacum line of the dump valve is missing...

What id do is check all of that first....

poke

Member +
will do lad...thanks just want to have a gist of what to go looking for after work when i go at it