dyno on stock ct9 . now,tongs hybrid what manifold?

japakos

Member +
My current setup is a stock ct9 @ 1bar and ported standard manifold.
I have in my garage sitting a autobahn braced and rewelded manifold (I know not the best), and I'm soon getting a tongs hybrid to run it at 1 bar. I run emb and standard injectors and fmic of course.
When I tried to use the autobahn over the stock ct9 the car felt like it had better torque but it lack the 4500rpm kick and spread the power in higher rpm which to be honest I didn't like.

Should I use the stock ported manifold over the hybrid or should I bolt the autobahn?
Any suggestions?
Any estimates on power? I currently had 153hp fly with the ct9 @ 1bar (dyoned on a really hot summer day tho)

Last edited:

Rev

Member +
I think you have answered this youself you want available power in the 4500 area rather than higher up the revs as you might get with a larger flow manifold.

The question becomes how much flow does the hybrid give? If it flows less air at 3500rpm and 4000rpm at the same temp I would stick with the ported mani for sure If it is flowing more you may get the kick you want and more up top as well . However generally heavier hybrid blades will flow later so miss out on the low torque of the ct9.

I see ct9 dynos with high torque at 3000rpm ( at cooler temps ) so you may want to consider how the lower end is effected too.

japakos

Member +
Well, turbo is rebuilt and it's in with the autobahn manifold. Tuned with emanage @ 1bar. Didn't go to dyno but the car pulls really hard. There is a huge gain everywhere, the high end is awesome. Doesn't choke pass 6500rpm. Low end is 40% improved and boost comes 200-300rpm faster. Usable boost around 2800 @ 1 bar or so. No lag whatsoever. This tongs hybrid is F*** awesome.

Rev

Member +
Glad to hear that, sounds like a win win ,more air down low and better flow up top.

Last edited:

japakos

Member +
Yes indeed, and the kick is still there but at higher rpm which is more fun in the end. But at 4500 where I used to have the stock ct9 kick it has more power so it pays off. It's awesome. win win it is! The conclusion is that now the car seems scary and my brakes are fading in no time. I really have to go to the dyno to see how many hp it gained.