EBC Not controlling boost

J25GTi

Lifer
I just bought and fitted a HKS EVC 5, And i cant get it to control my boost it just seems to run wastegate pressure and thats it!

I have it plumbed in like so -

turbo nipple - tee - side port of EWG + EBC Solenoid

EBC Solenoid - top nipple of EWG

Pressure sensor EBC - Nipple on the back of the inlet manifold

Its a SARD Racing EWG if that makes any difference?

Texx

Super Moderator
You may have a dodgy boost solenoid, could be worth spraying some WD40 in it and giving it a persuasive tap with the handle of a screwdriver.

J25GTi

Lifer
thats two EBCs that dont work though so i think there could be something more sinister afoot?

Texx

Super Moderator
If there were a problem with the EWG i.e. the diaphragm was leaking, you'd be over boosting.

Have you got a boost gauge you can install between the boost solenoid outlet and top nipple of the EWG?

Have you set the switch on the back of the unit to PO?

J25GTi

Lifer
If there were a problem with the EWG i.e. the diaphragm was leaking, you'd be over boosting.

Have you got a boost gauge you can install between the boost solenoid outlet and top nipple of the EWG?

Have you set the switch on the back of the unit to PO?

Yes its on PO, i have a spare boost gauge that i can check that with, What reading should i be getting?

Texx

Super Moderator
What reading should i be getting?

Depends on the boost pressure your trying to run. For every 1PSI increase in boost above the spring pressure, you should see a 1psi increase to the top port of the EWG

i.e. if you have a 0.6BAR spring and want to run 1BAR boost you should expect around 0.4BAR pressure being fed to the top port of the EWG.

J25GTi

Lifer
Depends on the boost pressure your trying to run. For every 1PSI increase in boost above the spring pressure, you should see a 1psi increase to the top port of the EWG

i.e. if you have a 0.6BAR spring and want to run 1BAR boost you should expect around 0.4BAR pressure being fed to the top port of the EWG.

Perfect, im just about to help a mate fit an engine into his GT, then il crack on and check that and report back!