ECU's! what should i go for, stand alone,piggyback? help!

benzep82

Member +
hi everyone
looking to get a new ecu,got a dastek unichip but not happy with it,what do you guys recommend??if anyones got one for sell pm me thanks
ben

Spoonz

Member +
what is your spec is it a real high powered spec or like a medium sorta spec for example TD04@1BAR

If the 2nd 1 get a Emanage Blue or Ultimate

If its a Big spec then maybe a Motec but the Ultimate is up 2 most jobs anyways

starbogt

Member +
depends on your spec or what you're building too also your budget. If you're after a good tune then go see your local tuner and see what they can setup unless willing to travel otherwise a lot opeople use E-manage or Motec.

benzep82

Member +
why are you not happy with the unichip??

my mate had alot of trouble with his pulsar through a dastek and iv just heard a few bad things about them,and i dont like the fact that only dastek dealers can map it,i knew someone that used to work with them and he recommends i go for something else.i just thought id see other opinions.

benzep82

Member +
what is your spec is it a real high powered spec or like a medium sorta spec for example TD04@1BAR

If the 2nd 1 get a Emanage Blue or Ultimate

If its a Big spec then maybe a Motec but the Ultimate is up 2 most jobs anyways

im running a forged engine with a td05 at 1bar (still getting used to the car) but want more power,just dont want to start playing around with it till iv got the rite ecu!

jamesgtturbo

Member +
im running a forged engine with a td05 at 1bar (still getting used to the car) but want more power,just dont want to start playing around with it till iv got the rite ecu!

To be honest with you the dastek unichip should be sufficent to your needs, yes there are better ecu,s available on the market maybe a hks fcon v pro , but there arent many people around that map those either.

I would seriously consider changing your tuner if your not happy with the dastek as it could be the map rather than the dastek unit its self.

@ biglad , blitz access ecu ??? i very much doubt you would find one with the exact right map in for a td05 @ 1 bar . they are self learning to some extent but to ask the ecu to self learn somthing on this level is just ridicolous

Spoonz

Member +

I would run a the ultimate mate if your not happy will do the job absolutly fine