Electric Power Steering

nyahbingi

Member +
I know several guys here have done the electric power steering conversion.

I'm up for doing the same soon and appreciate help!

If anyone can specify which pump from what vehicle I need, as well as wiring diagrams and pics of the fitment.

Thanks for all the help in advance

Johnny_C

Lifer
I know several guys here have done the electric power steering conversion.

I'm up for doing the same soon and appreciate help!

If anyone can specify which pump from what vehicle I need, as well as wiring diagrams and pics of the fitment.

Thanks for all the help in advance

used one from a peugeot 106 myself,never actually got it finished though,well ive it all plumbed up,just havnt got it wired.

mork

Member +
I wouldn't bother if I were you. Electric steering, or EPAS as it's known, is no good at giving feedback to the driver, unlike normal hydraulic PAS. Plus, if the ecu goes (a common problem on the Peugeot) they're very expensive to replace. Even Porsche, who have a very expensive system, have had complaints about the 'feel' of the steering. Don't believe the hype, the only genuine reason OEM's are putting EPAS on is to reduce CO2 emissions. It's just not worth it on an old car.

Johnny_C

Lifer
I wouldn't bother if I were you. Electric steering, or EPAS as it's known, is no good at giving feedback to the driver, unlike normal hydraulic PAS. Plus, if the ecu goes (a common problem on the Peugeot) they're very expensive to replace. Even Porsche, who have a very expensive system, have had complaints about the 'feel' of the steering. Don't believe the hype, the only genuine reason OEM's are putting EPAS on is to reduce CO2 emissions. It's just not worth it on an old car.

i think he means an electronic powered pas pumpinsted of belt driven,not EPAS.

Paul_JJ

Member +
I think the only reason they use electric power steering these days is because it's cheaper the Hydraulic. In the past everything was hydraulic - and its way more reliable then electric and expensive of course! And I agree Electric Power Steering ruins all the feelings and have no response.

Last edited:

venomconcepts

Member +
Use a peguet 106 pump or a saxo pump they are both the same
as for the steering feel it can be fixed if you have a stand alone ecu

VC

nyahbingi

Member +
Venom I don't have a standalone, I have a EMU. Can it still be done?

Are those pumps with the reservoir bottle remotely mounted or built in?

I'd prefer a built in reservoir bottle.

TO82

Member +
Ive a saxo pump here im wanting to fit, where has anyone mounted their pump? Any Pics etc?

venomconcepts

Member +
DSCF1465-Copy.jpg
[/IMG]
yes it has a reservoir bottle

turbok79

Member +
Just have it on a switch. When your going fast or on track just turn it off. Iv got a 106 pump behind the passenger seat.