Engine conversion on a corolla

Jeffers_21

Member +
Hi guy's

ive got a corolla (ae101) with the good old 4efe engine in it and im thinking of doing a 4efte engine conversion as ive still got my old forged engine (and everything with it) and k26 turbo kit. im thinking it might be a nuts conversion but was wondering about the gearbox's and wireing looms ect. could i use the starlet gearbox and just change over the driveshafts or would i keep the corolla gearbox? how much work would there be to do the conversion.

and before anyone say's just put a diffrent engine in it or dont bother, it would just be for fun as i have the engine and that gathering dust. + it would be pretty funny to keep the crappy grandad appeance of the corolla lol

Last edited:

jackep82

Member +
try using a 2e tranny from a corolla. its a perfect fit. thats what we usually do here in our area. or you could also use the 4age blacktop 6 speed tranny. slight mods like swapping the bell housing :)

Jeffers_21

Member +
try using a 2e tranny from a corolla. its a perfect fit. thats what we usually do here in our area. or you could also use the 4age blacktop 6 speed tranny. slight mods like swapping the bell housing :)

so would the 4e corolla tranny not fit the 4efte? is it not the same bell housing as the starlet 4efe?

if ya have got any info or webpage's on the convesrion that might come in handy that would be awsome :)