Engine hot/warm hard start

Nacheez911

Member +
Hi everyone I'm having a weird problem. When I make a cold start everything it's ok the engine starts immediately but if I drive for a while and leave the car for a few minutes and then try to start the engine it will crank for a few seconds to completely start. So I suppose it's a fuel pressure problem could be a fuel pressure regulator o fuel pump check valve but I'm not sure cause this never happened to me before. Any suggestions? My engine it's a 3E-TE 1.5 turbo

Skalabala

Member +
Get a fuel pressure tester and have a look if there is a problem.
Or maybe take it to a shop that can check it for you, you might find it hard to buy a tester to fit the banjo bolt on the rail.
What you can do for a test is block of the return line by pinching it with a vice grip.

Reactions: Jay
this is something i've heard a few times over the years from various members...in addition to the above and from memory, maybe check your coolant temperature sensor/wiring, EFI relay/fuse, fuel filter, distributor cap/rotor, spark plugs/wires, ignitor coil/grounding, car/electrical grounding points, check for dirty connections on the sensors (sometimes oil residue gets in there), try cleaning the throttle body with the relevant spray, check TPS

Last edited: