engine misfiring?

nicky_glanza

Member +
well fellas having more issues with the glanza ive just bought. took the blitz access ecu out of it and all it seems to be doing is misfiring/fuel cutting. i wired a hks fcd up but the boost etc is all standard on the car.

when you go up to revs it misfired/cuts then goes on and does it more and more as you go up in the revs?

any ideas ??

dac69er

Super Moderator
sounds ignition related. spark plugs, leads dizi cap, rotor arm etc.

is it ok if you drive it without boosting?

nicky_glanza

Member +
ahh basically it had a blitz ecu and i took it out as trying to sell the car.
and tbh im getting more money that way.

so tonite i had a doner glanza, i swaped ecu's over, leads and dizzy and still no difference. fitted the fcd and still no difference. its still missing as you go up into the revs :( now the only thing i can think of is the timing??
as this is only littereally happened as soon as i plug in the standard ecu? do you need to advance the timing for the blitz ecu?

cheers for the input fellas

nicky_glanza

Member +
sounds ignition related. spark plugs, leads dizi cap, rotor arm etc.

is it ok if you drive it without boosting?

yeah mate it drives fine! ive read that the ht leads give bother at high revs but i swaped with a fully funcitional cap and dizzy out of the other doner car and no difference :(

dac69er

Super Moderator
if its ok off boost then it could be ignition related still. you tried changing the plugs?
when my leads went the car was ok off boost as soon as i had any boost it misfired