Engine problem i think!!

darckskullz

Fresh Recruit
Well was drivin my gt turbo earlier goin fine all day drive it usually 7hours a day im a delivery driver and out off nowhere on me way home my car cut out. i then restartd it seemd fine until i put my foot down it seems as if it is taking in to much air nd it wont boast. i got neways nd started checking for problems. my standard gauge is showing 0 constantly wen car is just idleing nd the idleing is completely unstable go between .3 and 2.3 rpm wen i rev it revs noramly nd my dv goes of as if it normal wud. so i left it for a few hours cuz it was reckin my head and started it praying it wud have gne but unfortunaly no but dis tym the smell of petrol ot of it was unreal and alot of noise coming from under the bonnet i found that my standard dumpvalve had of the intake pipe leaving a hole that my forge dumpvalve had put oil into if that wud be any difference not much oil like. anyway all aftermarket parts only include forge dv hks fcd tenso air filter and exedy paddle clutch. every thing else is standard any help or advice appreciated and def repped tanks in advance.

thefalls

Member +
I would recommend to check all the piping [behind intake manifol],vaccum ones,
it seems that your boost gauge is disconnected.
This is causing the unstable idle, i guess,if i understood well what your trying to say.
It also seems that you reached fuel cut due to over boosting,so dont boost around town till you have sorted out these problems.

Edit* Just saw that you have an fcd as well,what setting is on?
Can elaborate a bit about the oil and dump valve part?

J25GTi

Lifer
Oil coming out of the dumpvalve indicates either turbo seals or ringland failure.

Does it sound like a tank?

darckskullz

Fresh Recruit
I would recommend to check all the piping [behind intake manifol],vaccum ones,
it seems that your boost gauge is disconnected.
This is causing the unstable idle, i guess,if i understood well what your trying to say.
It also seems that you reached fuel cut due to over boosting,so dont boost around town till you have sorted out these problems.

Edit* Just saw that you have an fcd as well,what setting is on?
Can elaborate a bit about the oil and dump valve part?

the fcd was set on 12 but i reduced it to 10 to se if it made a diff but no joy. today i took off all the intercoler pipeing nd check for cracks and leaks sadly ther was none but inside the induction pipe it all full of gunk oil nd dirt wud this cuz it by cloging the turbo???? and where exactly are these pipe lines located??? bit of a noob with the turbo side of the engine ha.

Last edited:

darckskullz

Fresh Recruit
Oil coming out of the dumpvalve indicates either turbo seals or ringland failure.

Does it sound like a tank?

any other way to know if it is the seals or ringland???
it sounds as it always has quite unless i put my foot down but i do have a back box

darckskullz

Fresh Recruit
ryt ive found one pipe that was disconnected put it back on and it worked perfect for a few minutes. but now it isnt idleing properly and it sounds like air is escapin somwhere around engine another pipe perhaps but have checked all pipes. anyone no exactly what lines and where i should find them????

thefalls

Member +
Last edited: