engine swap

adee-ep

Member +
just put a new bottom end on my car.went to start it there but the starter just clicked . i tryed turning it over at the crank and it wont budge. it turned over by hand fine before i put it in the car. is there a sensor that stops it from turning that i could have missed out? cheers

Aidan-G

Member +
you sure you have the starter in correct and your battery is good?

have you made sure the cams are in the proper way?what were you using to turn it over by the crank and which way did you turn?

adee-ep

Member +
yeh there both good mate. it tryed turning it both ways and it woulndt go either but it was fine when it was out of the car . could the timing have slipped? any help would be great. cheers

Aidan-G

Member +
maybe so,id take the rocker cover off and take a look,the clicking usualy means a flat battery..it wont turn even a little bit at the crank clockwise?

adee-ep

Member +
the starer was clicking cause it cant turn the flywheel. nah i think the timing is out , il have a check tonight. cheers

adee-ep

Member +
yeh it was in netural. i should have mentioned that its a auto box is there anything i should have taken off the 4e block that it was originally on apart from the clutch and fly? it was turning over fine before i put the box on and i hadnt tried to turn it over after i put the box on until i put it in the car so im startin to think its something to do with the gearbox. also checked the timing and that was fine. cheers