Engine trouble!

JohnOBrien8

Member +
Ok, i have noticed in the last week my car has lost a lot of power,
this evening i noticed a small puddle of oil underneath it but couldn't see where from!
the turbo is ok no play in it or no oil in intercooler pipes
the engine isn't long after a service,i have between 150-155psi compression on all cylinders
when idling the car puts out white smoke, not much,it smells oily
the car has hit fuel cut a few times in the last week i no this wouldn't be good for it and i try to prevent it!
it has a full exhaust,manifold,fmic,boosting to .8,trd leads,ngk plugs and a few other bits,
there is no knocking or anything it sounds perfect but just no power compared to a week or so back!
its showing .8 on the boost gauge so i'm guessing i've no leaks or anything like that!
anyone have an idea what it could be before i get a look tomorrow!
Cheers
John

Skalabala

Member +
Get a afr reading when you are boosting and check your timing to be about 10-12 deg
You can have some damage somewhere because of the smoke :(

JohnOBrien8

Member +
what?my timing should be about 10-12 degrees?
the leak is my crankshaft oil seal i think,im going to do that and check timing while im at it!
weres the best place to get a toyota oem crankshaft seal?is toyota the cheapest?

Skalabala

Member +
what?my timing should be about 10-12 degrees?
the leak is my crankshaft oil seal i think,im going to do that and check timing while im at it!
weres the best place to get a toyota oem crankshaft seal?is toyota the cheapest?

Not to sure on the seal but some one will be able to help you on that.
yes timing should be around 10-12 deg.
You can be running lean so get a air fuel ratio reading on your car.