ep82 4efte into 97 corolla

Quincy

Member +
My bro has bought 95 ep82 and has to rebuild the engine and wants to put it into a 97 corolla with a 4efe engine!!
My question is would he use the whole wiring loom out of the ep82 or would he have to wire it up to the corolla loom?? Also i done a search and found mixed reviews on it about the gearbox!! Would he use the ep82 shafts and box or the corolla box and shafts!! he is a mechinc so he will be doing all the work on it by him self:)
Any info would be repd

turbojim

Lifer
i would think he would have to splice the engine loom from the ep onto the dash loom from the rolla thats about all there

and if i was him i would use starlet gearbox and shafts as they are made for the power but are the rolla shafts longer in anyway? maybe the starlet shafts wont fit right

Quincy

Member +
i would think he would have to splice the engine loom from the ep onto the dash loom from the rolla thats about all there

and if i was him i would use starlet gearbox and shafts as they are made for the power but are the rolla shafts longer in anyway? maybe the starlet shafts wont fit right

Yea but could he not swap the two wiring looms over??? About the gearbox im not for sure??? Be a learn in progress me thinks:mad:

Mike D EP82

Member +
the looms will be different to the dash board thats why he said splice. 2 totally different cars. you may have to use the corolla gearbox with starlet shafts or even the starbus box and corolla shafts. best to try it out 1st unless someone can come up with a definate answer. but im sure the corolla shafts will be longer due to the car being wider

Brendanlez

Member +
the corolla shafts are longer, a guy beside me did it a few times as far as i can remember he had to use the corolla gearbox and shafts because of the splines on the cv joints. but i guess you could always make up Hybrid shafts, take the inner cv joint from the Starlet shaft and use the rest from the corolla to take the power. I had to make Hybrid ones for my corolla with the 4-agze.

You need to splice the looms as the Corolla dash loom is needed and the 4efte loom is needed for the engine not an easy job but not exactly brain surgery either.

If you want me to get on to the fella that built the ones ere give me a pm n ill ask him for any tips on problems he had when built his ones

Quincy

Member +
the corolla shafts are longer, a guy beside me did it a few times as far as i can remember he had to use the corolla gearbox and shafts because of the splines on the cv joints. but i guess you could always make up Hybrid shafts, take the inner cv joint from the Starlet shaft and use the rest from the corolla to take the power. I had to make Hybrid ones for my corolla with the 4-agze.

You need to splice the looms as the Corolla dash loom is needed and the 4efte loom is needed for the engine not an easy job but not exactly brain surgery either.

If you want me to get on to the fella that built the ones ere give me a pm n ill ask him for any tips on problems he had when built his ones

Would you sound:rockon: