EP91 Boost Question

Does the standard ecu limit boost of a Glanza in first and second gear. Was told this by someone. My ct9 has no boost controller so I find it hard to believe. Its riged for high boost which is 9.whatever psi. But I'm running a 5efte so the ct9 fans out pretty darn early.

I find that when accelerating from a stand still, the car doesn't feel as lively as it should almost like timing is being pulled back. But from the time I am cruising lets say in 3rd 4th or 5th and squeeze when the boost builds the car feels way more powerful.

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
Thanks. Gonna read now. I don't have a boost controller or stock boost control solenoid installed.

in the first picture of the tutorial there is a vacuum hose circled green. On your setup, where the vacuum hose leaves the solid line that runs up the side of the engine, where does this vacuum hose then go to.

Throw a pic up of bay if you can, it will help to see what sort of setup you are using.

thanks

K i looked at ur diagram and I think i already have it by passed seeing i don't have one lol. But i dont have all of that intle piping like from the air filter. I have a line coming off the turbo to the top nipple of the actuator and the bottom nipple is blocked.

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
K i looked at ur diagram and I think i already have it by passed seeing i don't have one lol. But i dont have all of that intle piping like from the air filter. I have a line coming off the turbo to the top nipple of the actuator and the bottom nipple is blocked.

yea it seems like it is already by passed and you are running purely off actuator then. That also means that the ECU will not enforcing any restriction on 1st and 2nd gears any more...

have you checked for any boost leaks around all the intercooler / vacuum piping?

what does it say you are boosting in 1st and 2nd, also in the higher gears and by what rpm are you getting full boost?

in your case you have no restriction BPM
its only there when you keep the stock boost solenoid set up

i believe the car should feel responsive early on, but kind of run out of puff pretty fast with the 5e ct9 set up

Well I now launch it from a rolling start coming up my hill to home din't have time to look at the rev counter but I know its not hitting redline and its only holding 5psi in first and 6psi in 2nd and 9 in third and up. No solenoid so I'm quite lost. Maybe the ecu pulling timing due to intake temps???

yeh fur now point out its the turbo. I accustomed to the bigger turbo like the GT28r or RS so i was getting more air flow even in lower gears. Oh well.