error code help

Texx

Super Moderator
Code 31 is an open or short in the MAP sensor circuit.

The first thing to do is to check the MAP sensor connection is ok then reset the ECU and see if the code comes back.

Boab

Member +
this happened to me also, changed map sensor and no difference. ended up that it was a connection on FCD by the guys in Japland.

Bob

Texx

Super Moderator
Code 31 basically means the ECU isn't measuring a voltage between the PIM or VC terminal and E2 sensor ground.

So either the PIM or VC signal is shorting to ground, the PIM or VC signal circuit is open (i.e. a break in the wire or bad connection), there is a break in the E2 ground connection between the MAP sensor and ECU, the MAP sensor is dead or the ECU has an internal fault.

I would check the MAP sensor connector first to make sure it's good, then as Bob has suggested, if you've got a FCD fitted or any other component that taps into the MAP sensor circuit then check those connections also. If you don't find a problem and you have a spare MAP sensor swap it over and try again. Failing that, break out the multimeter and start checking the continuity of the wiring between the MAP sensor and ECU.

glanza_dan

Fresh Recruit
Thanks for the help does anyone have a picutre off the MAP sensor connection as im not sure where it is
I have a EP82.

Thanks

Code 31 is an open or short in the MAP sensor circuit.

The first thing to do is to check the MAP sensor connection is ok then reset the ECU and see if the code comes back.

Texx

Super Moderator
It should be on a bracket bolted to the bulkhead and will have a vacuum line connected to it. I think it might say turbo pressure sensor on the label.

mapsensor.png