external wastgate ?

EH@B

Member +
hii guyz
i was thinking wht the benfit of external wastgate ??
and wht should i do if i want to fit one ??
the last question is how is sound will be.... any one have vedio ???

crazygt

Member +
the external wastegate holds boost better,no leaking,no boost spiking,you normaly put it in the centre of all four header pipes connect,and it sounds like i ainno it pushes the exhaust threw be4 so its loud and noisy i love ittt:)but that sonly when it opens ud no that!

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
U only get the noise with a screamer though, if its plumbed back into the downpipe its silent i think.

EH@B

Member +
the external wastegate holds boost better,no leaking,no boost spiking,you normaly put it in the centre of all four header pipes connect,and it sounds like i ainno it pushes the exhaust threw be4 so its loud and noisy i love ittt:)but that sonly when it opens ud no that!

thnx mate

U only get the noise with a screamer though, if its plumbed back into the downpipe its silent i think.

no idea about that
thnx

Slick

Fresh Recruit
yeah they are rite it makes a lovely noise when open and from my experiance boost comes on stronger with it since there are no leaks etc....question though what could stop one from opening? boost is at 15psi on tdo4

EH@B

Member +
i heard many sounds of wastegates here ( Mark 2 , chaser , supra...etc )
is the noise like jz engines ^_^ ?

about wht could stop one from opening ?? its wht i want to ask also

Last edited:

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
yeah they are rite it makes a lovely noise when open and from my experiance boost comes on stronger with it since there are no leaks etc....question though what could stop one from opening? boost is at 15psi on tdo4
Do you have the vacuum line connected? and if so is it on the correct port of the external wastegate?

~Nick

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
In my experience the lower of the 2 nipples on the wastegate is the one to use.

Just sounds like its plumbed in wrong it its not opening

U using any sort of EBC?

Slick

Fresh Recruit
yeah boost controller is an apexi avcd and it worked fine when the car was set on 10psi it has a 8psi rated spring so used to open at about 3500-4000rpm.something to note is that it still boosts though there is no noise out the screamer