fan size for civic radiator

RGM1800

Member +
planning to get a fan for my civic radiator what would be the best fan size for this rad? ill probably get the slim ones.is it enough to cool the radiator?

sanchez

Member +
Make sure you get one of the aluminum racing civic rads as they are thicker than the oem civic rads.
Yep a slim iine fan will do the job fine, get a 10'' or 12'' one, you wil have to bridge the connections otherwise the fan will be constantly on or some people just use the oem fan, should fit on there fine and no need to mess with connections etc

RGM1800

Member +
Make sure you get one of the aluminum racing civic rads as they are thicker than the oem civic rads.
Yep a slim iine fan will do the job fine, get a 10'' or 12'' one, you wil have to bridge the connections otherwise the fan will be constantly on or some people just use the oem fan, should fit on there fine and no need to mess with connections etc

thanks man. its an oem radiator. its 2 rows from honda sir.

geneticracer

Fresh Recruit
So what size fan did you end up getting? I need one for mine as well. Usually they come with that through radiator plastic zip kit. Was looking on slimfan.com and they plug right into your stock harness. It looked like they came with the install kit but didnt know if i should go with 12" or 14", plus they had higher CFM units for double the price.

ep82oaks

Member +
i fitted an alloy civic rad and used the oe fan off old rad i took off fitted fine n saves messing wiring up other fans