Fault Code 34...

Cuffbertt

Fresh Recruit
Ive just done a diagnostics thing using http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290

it flashed three times and then four, which apparently means "turbo pressure signal", ive been lookin through the forums for a hour or or so and so far all i can find about it relates to fuel cut... i always thought that fuel cut was what you get when you increased the boost pressure and the ecu panicked and threw a hissy? My car is totally standard apart from suspension and air intake so i dunno how this would affect me?????

over the last few months ive been gettin 23-25 mpg, and it leaves little black splat marks on the wall of my house behind where i park... so could it all be related to the MAP sensor?? MOT is due by the 6th and i guess thats a pretty big fail... LOL

sorry for my n00bishness lol :p any help would be appreciated! :D

Texx

Super Moderator
Code 34 relates to excessive turbo charging pressure. Your air intake has probably caused some boost creep which likely flagged the code. Reset the ECU and see if the code returns.

As for the poor fuel economy, a faulty O2 sensor or coolant temperature sensor would be my first thought.

Cuffbertt

Fresh Recruit
ahh right cool, cheers buddy! went to toyota and they wanted £128 for a new oxygen sensor... thank god for ebay!

thanks for the help lol :)