finding vehicle details/ owner etc.

scot-ish

Member +
right, first off, i have recieved a citation for Section 2.

a 4x4 pulling a trailer pulled out on me, going up an overtaking lane about 3 months ago, i was doing 65-70, they wer doing 40 or less.

anyways, i crossed a solid white line, to avoid a colision, but on returning to my own side, the police came over the hill towards me.

anyways, now ive got a citation, and now a witness statement against me.

i have the Reg of the witness statement, and the owners name, but i wanna know the colour of the vehicle, to see if it was this vehicle that i overtook, that has given the statement, as i believe the cops are at it.

anyone who has advice on where to get the vehicle details, and as bad as it sounds, where the registered keeper lives, as i wanna see firstly, if there local, and secondly, if its a farmer. as the statement says nothing about a trailer.

thanks, oh and i dont need moaned at about the citation, im just paying 5k next week for a new car, and then in court October 7th, so as you can imagine, im quite pissed about not being able to drive it for very long, if i get done offcourse.

cheers

scot-ish

Member +
cheers for the reply, i managed to get the colour from weebuyanycar dot com.

the address i will see if i can get it from some1 in the force, as i dont know anyone in insurance.

churcherj

Member +
there isnt any website you can find out car owners details! yes you can uase various databases to find out car details such as make/model and colour etc but you cant just call an insurance company and ask for an address or name of a car owner, that is a breach of data protection, they wont just tell you that information, or if they do they arnt doing their job properly.

for vehicle details you can simply go onto autrotrader under the car check section and type in the reg and it brings up the details...here u go bud:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/vehiclecheck/vehiclecheck.jsp

you can type in the reg, but for further details youd need to pay...

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
The DVLA will give you the details for a fee if you have a legitimate reason.